|Job Type:||Full Time|
As our International Freight Manager you will deliver business benefits and value through effective stakeholder management and procurement practices in Woolworths International Supply Chain network. You will enhance network capability providing multiple options for transporting products globally and provide the group a sustainable competitive advantage in terms of safety, cost and availability to enable growth.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and build strong relationships with carriers and other service partners to ensure best fit with International Supply Chain strategy
- Analyse market conditions to enable most suitable procurement strategy
- Execute International Freight Tenders as per International supply chain and procurement strategy
- Secure international freight services via annual tender or ad hoc, as required by the business
- Have a detailed understanding of agreed service levels, relevant KPI’s, and be closely involved in the monitoring and delivery of agreed SLAs
- Manage preparation and conducting of quarterly business review meetings with service partners (QBRs)
- Maintain market and product knowledge and devise a communication plan to ensure that market intelligence is shared with relevant stakeholders in the wider business
- Provide up-to-date International freight insights to Replenishment and Commercial teams.
- Work closely with Operations Managers to enable service delivery to the business
- Work closely with Solutions Manager to support new opportunities
- Manage carrier relationships and all carrier related escalations
- Support woolworths NZ based International freight requirements
You will develop and execute International Freight Procurement Strategy for Woolworths Group business units. You will liaise with carriers and other service partners, securing International freight services to support current and future business needs. You will be contributing to the growth of International freight requirements for all associated business units within woolworths Group. You will be delivering tangible business benefits and value through execution of International Freight Strategy.
Your excellent relationship management skills will help you build relationships with new and existing service partners as well as internal stakeholders with ease, In addition to this you will collate and provide relevant market and pricing information to the Commercial teams as well as ensuring continuity of service delivery.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in international ocean freight or international supply chain
- Good understanding of financial management processes including financial forecasting, reporting and budgeting
- Experience in negotiation and managing relationships with service partners.
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to consistently deliver outcomes through others.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to change and to raise performance standards.
- Deep knowledge of International supply chain markets, cost structures & freight procurement strategy.
- Personal “hands on” leadership and ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders
- Experience or working knowledge of International supply chain systems and processes.
- Experience in the maintenance and management of rate & contract database/files
- Broad knowledge of International Supply chain including Transportation Documentation, International Trade, Customs Brokerage, LCL, Air Freight and Cargo Insurance
- Degree/certification in Business Management or Procurement
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You