|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Analyst Lead
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
- Drive the coordination of resources and delivery of best practice business requirements
- Support of the Supply Chain Development portfolio and other major change activities in a Supply Chain environment
- Permanent Opportunity
Working in a passionate and supportive Supply Chain team, time will be spent building relationships and creating engagement, as well as:
- Provide leadership in the collection, development and approval of To Be business requirements ensuring the complete end to end thinking and alignment to business strategies
- Embed consistency of approach, documentation and management of requirements from inception to delivery
- Develop systems and frameworks for the capture of requirements for solution development
- Provide leadership in the development of decision recommendations and approval pathways for business requirements
- Allocation and co-ordination of BA resources across all projects
- Ensure reporting on all aspects related to the workstream as required
Who we’re looking for
Our new Business Analyst Lead will be driven and passionate, keen to get things done and able to make an impact in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a team player with:
- Previous Supply Chain experience, within the FMCG / Food, Beverage & Retail Sector
- Business analytics experience working in complex project environments
- Team leadership experience and assisting a transition through to operations
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to focus on the details while maintaining an understanding of the big picture
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and influencing skills with stakeholders
- Exceptional delivery and change management capability
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.