The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant or Manager within the Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy team in our Canberra office.
As a restructuring professional at EY you’ll work across a variety of deals to develop your capabilities, and you will help clients find financial, strategic and operational solutions to improve liquidity, credit availability and returns to their stakeholders. Further, as a member of a multi-disciplinary, global team you will gain valuable experience across industries and geographies
- Advising distressed companies and debtors with Turnaround Planning, Viability Diligence, Cash Flow Analysis and advise on cash forecasting
- Advising on Restructuring alternatives, including review of debt services, supporting negotiation with lenders and Safe Harbour advice
- Provision of Creditor Advisory Services including advisor to stakeholders, secured creditors, Government, occasionally investors, assessment of viability, cash flow review, security review and evaluation of corporate strategy
- Formal insolvency appointments including day to day file management of Voluntary Administrations, Deeds of Company Arrangement, Receiverships, Liquidations and Bankruptcy and,
- Attending site to establish trading procedures, inspect and collect records and liaise with management and employees
- Preparation of reports to stakeholders, ensuring statutory compliance, undertaking investigations and attending meetings with creditors
- Experience in a Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy role within a Consulting environment, working independently and with senior stakeholders on multiple engagements
- Experience in delivering detailed financial and commercial analysis, identifying key issues and potential areas of sensitivity and following these up with management or stakeholders as appropriate
- Experience drafting presentations to stakeholders and assisting with delivery
- Competency in proactively sharing your technical knowledge with team, and playing a key role in team training
- Lead business development activities to sell work through development of internal and external client relationship networks
- Successfully supervised, coached, and mentored juniors