The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
In today’s environment, business can no longer ignore the physical and transitional impacts climate change not only has on their own operations but across their value chains. The good news is that this presents opportunities, not just challenges, for organisations that act decisively to build long-term value.
EY’s climate change team helps organisations to maximize these opportunities through efficiently meeting compliance requirements, managing risks and thinking strategically. Our skills and experience range from helping organisations to comply with greenhouse and energy regulatory programs, through to identifying and assessing emissions abatement opportunities, developing decarbonisation strategies and net zero pathway plans, assessing climate-related risks and opportunities and supporting the development of evidence-based policy.
We understand that the impending impacts of climate change are increasingly difficult to predict and hard to plan for. Our response is to support business and government to develop their capacity for managing the future, whatever it may look like.
We are looking for a Senior Manager or Director within our Climate Change team in our Melbourne office. As a Senior Manager/Director within EY’s Climate Change and Sustainability Services team your role will be to lead business development and execution of EY’s climate change services.
- Leading business development of EY’s Climate Change services in Melbourne and achieving sales targets
- Building trusting relationships with EY clients and leveraging those relationships to generate business opportunities
- Leading the go-to-market plan for EY’s climate change services, enhancing market presence in Melbourne and supporting the execution of EY’s climate change services strategy
- Fostering a collaborative and high performing team environment while applying technical expertise of climate change to direct project teams on delivery of EY’s climate change services
- Climate risk assessment and adaptation planning applying AS/NZ ISO 31000 –Risk Management and scenario analysis to quantify the physical and transition impacts of climate change and disclosure climate impacts in alignment with the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) Recommendations
- Decarbonisation Strategy and net zero emissions pathway planning including applying Marginal Abatement Cost Curve (MACC), Emissions Reduction Investment Curve (ERIC), Energy budgets at Risk (EBaR) analysis to identify and assess the feasibility of emissions abatement opportunities
- Reporting and assurance in accordance with the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) Recommendations, National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) Scheme, Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF), Climate Active Carbon Neutral Standards, Climate Bonds Standard, Global Reporting Initiative, Sustainability Accounting Standards Bboard and Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Emissions inventory development including the application of the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol Corporate, Scope 3, Cities, Product Life Cycle standards as well as experience applying ISO14064 Greenhouse Gas Environmental Management Systems
- 10 years’ experience providing climate change consulting services with significant knowledge of the market for these services in Melbourne
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in science, engineering or economics
- Qualification as a Registered Greenhouse and Energy Auditor with the Clean Energy Regulator
- Qualification as a Registered Climate Active Consultant
- Qualification as a Certified Practicing Risk Manager