|Job Type:||Full Time|
Google Australia Pty LTD.
Opening Date: 16th December 2020
Closing Date: 18th January 2021
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA or CA accreditation.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of IFRS and U.S. GAAP.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software.
- Ability to work with vendors and international teams.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead and drive complex operational initiatives.
- Excellent communication, analytical, project management, and process improvement skills.
About the job
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Be accountable for accuracy, timeliness, effectiveness, and efficiency of all processes related to controllership for Google Hardware in the APAC region.
- Manage key balance sheet accounts, review reconciliations, and investigate variances with Support teams.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual close presentations for accounting and controls management.
- Collaborate with global business Finance and Controllership teams to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Work with outsourced providers to review work and implement new initiatives.