|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Joining the One Commercial Partner (OCP) team as a Cloud Solutions Architect (CSA) means you will be playing a critical role helping Microsoft Partners deliver on this mission. Through our partners, Microsoft brings digital ambitions to life by helping companies empower their employees, engage their customers, optimize their operations, and transform their products.
As a Cloud Solution Architect specialised in Cloud Infrastructure you will work with partners to help them modernise existing solutions, as well as design new foundational cloud-native architectures. You will guide partners with infrastructure, networking and security architectures that enable rapid migrations and accelerate their utilisation of cloud-native services. You will use your expertise and presentation skills to engage with partners to understand their end-customers’ business and technical requirements, and persuasively present practical and useful solutions on Microsoft Azure.
In this role you will work together with, and leverage, other technical specialists at Microsoft, to deliver partner solutions that span beyond your own technical expertise. You will help partners understand the power of Microsoft Azure, explaining the technical features, helping partners design architectures, engage in proof of concepts and troubleshooting potential roadblocks with subject matter experts and product engineering teams. You will work across a variety of partner types including ISV (Independent Software Vendor), MSP (Managed Service Provider), and SIs (Systems Integrators).
Microsoft Azure helps customers expand beyond the limits of their current computing platform with the freedom to build, manage and deploy their applications anywhere with Azure. Using their preferred languages, frameworks, and infrastructure – even their own data centre and other clouds. With help from Azure, customers and partners have everything they need to build their next great solution. Azure, Invent with purpose.
- Recommend integration strategies, architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Microsoft Azure
- Assistance navigating the Microsoft Partner program and providing guidance on competency benefits they can leverage when developing on the Azure platform.
- Help partners develop the technical skills & expertise they need to succeed by developing & executing Technical Enablement Plans. This may consist in leading and/or contributing to the delivery of workshops, bootcamps or scheduled training plans.
- Lead the execution of technical engagements such as Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, Hackathons to help partners define and bring new solutions to market
- Network and collaborate with Microsoft’s Engineering and Technical Specialist teams on removing technical blockers to solutions/sales, improving specific skill requirements for partners and the sharing of best practices
- Be inclusive and collaborative in your work practices, driving teamwork and working with virtual teams across functions & geographies
- Be a “learn-it-all” and apply a growth mindset, with a belief that your skills can always be improved through honest reflection and persistent effort. Understand and keep up to date with technology trends and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on partner practice building opportunities.
- Experience architecting solutions that account for, and take advantage of, cloud-based security, redundancy, and scale design considerations.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud)
- Linux & Windows:
- IaaS, Compute, Networking, Storage, Resiliency, Migration techniques, Management Tools, and DevOps, additionally good experience required (2+ years) in Containers, Infrastructure Security, and BC & DR.
- Linux operating systems (Suse/RHEL)
- Experience in advanced areas of networking, Linux, SDN, virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, VPNs and their application to PaaS/IaaS technologies, or large-scale VMware deployments
- Identity/Security (Azure):
- Identity, Security Architecture, Security Management and Network Security, additionally good experience required (2+ years) in Compute, Networking, Storage, Containers, Migration Technique, Resiliency and DevOps.
- SAP on Azure:
- SAP Basis Architecture, NetWeaver architecture, SAP performance; SAP Basis OS/DB Migration, Sizing, HA/DR Design
- SAP Operational Best Practices, version upgrades;
- RDBMS: performance query analysis, sizing, HA/DR and storage/disk design of SAP HANA;
- Linux operating systems (Suse/RHEL); Network Architecture (Cisco SAFE/Zoning models),
- Compute, networking, storage, and monitoring
- Additionally, good experience required (2+ years) in Containers, Migration Techniques, Resiliency monitoring tools, and Infrastructure Security.
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a Software and/or Services company such as Amazon Web Services, Google, IBM, Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, SAP, Cloudera/Hortonworks, Snowflake, Map
- Certification in one of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
- Experience with cloud-native software development methodologies, tools for application development/deployment stages including CI/CD (GitHub, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Experience with logging/monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads; ability to learn and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in Cloud/IT technology space
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.