Last updated an hour ago
|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian is looking for an outstanding Employee Relations Partner with a passion for delivering appropriate solutions for employees and leaders while contributing to our team culture. You'll be joining the People Team at a very exciting time as we continue to grow and scale our business.
You will be responsible for providing support across APAC, including resolving employee concerns and supporting people leaders in navigating through complex employee issues. This is a great opportunity to work on novel issues in an exciting environment at a company that is in the midst of scaling beyond 5,000 employees. You will collaborate closely with partners, which includes the global HR team, and leaders. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with change and ambiguity, then this role is for you.
In this role:
- You will partner with HRBPs and other cross-functional departments on investigations and recommendations on next steps and/or disciplinary action
- You will investigate and resolve high-risk concerns and employee grievances, including claims of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, or other violations of company policy
- You will work with, mentor, and train managers to appropriately address and manage complicated performance management scenarios (including PIPs, terminations, and the execution of separation agreements)
- You come in as a subject matter specialist on employment law and Atlassian policies, procedures, practices, and partners to resolve issues as needed, and contribute to and/or lead projects
- You will provide ER related trainings, including topics for managers on effective performance management, navigating difficult situations/conversations, and labour law compliance
- You will use data to identify employee relations trends and dedicatedly provide preventative trainings, systems processes
On your first day, we will expect that:
- You have extensive Employee Relations experience in a fast-growing company across APAC
- You demonstrate knowledge in ER practices, guidelines and regulations on compliance with all employment laws, policies, procedures, and processes
- You have experience advising on a wide range of employee populations, including educating business leaders on appropriate performance management practices and fundamental employment law concepts.
- You possess strong skills in anticipating and identifying problems and use good judgement and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- You are able to listen and clearly articulate a point of view and recommendations both in speaking and writing
It's also great if:
- You are from a tech or startup organisation
More about our team
On the Atlassian People team, we play as a team, and we have fun doing it. We use an analytical, data inclined approach to tackle problems, build programs, and help Atlassians constantly improve upon how they work. You’ll work with a team that partners with business and technology teams to ensure our employees are innovating at their peak, leading teams and guiding their amazing people.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.