|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Strategy Manager
- An opportunity to make a visible difference to a ~A$60b business, developing and executing the most critical strategic initiatives within divisions and across the portfolio
- Join an experienced team with strong mentorship and development
- Draw on your top tier consulting background and shine in a high performing in house function!
The team mandate is to develop high quality strategic plans and projects, either focused on business units or across the portfolio. We target areas that represent the most significant sources of profitable growth for the company, which are outside the ‘day job’ and which require additional resources to help think bigger, faster, sooner. This role will report to the GM Strategy and will be responsible for managing discrete projects and providing strategic advice.
- Effective problem solver and project manager, overseeing the progress of multiple projects to build and deliver the strategy
- Structuring problems and defining the plans to solve them, injecting strategic and innovative thinking into the issues that the business faces
- Stakeholder management and influencing, including building strong advisory relationships with senior Divisional leaders
- Work in joint teams and provide active guidance in the course of key specific strategic projects
- Leading teams of Strategy Associates / Analysts and divisional team members, providing coaching to achieve their career development needs
We’re looking for someone who can establish strong relationships with senior managers with the ability to influence and engage. You will be comfortable leading a team in pressured situations, drawing on your structured and rigorous approach. You are dedicated and results focused with a customer first mindset.
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements
- 7+ years of experience with minimum 2 years experience in a top tier strategy consultancy, investment bank or corporate strategy team
- Demonstrated deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and frameworks, project and change management
- Superb written and oral communication and the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with middle and senior management stakeholders
- Analytics and quantitative modelling
- Ability to manage and develop junior team members
- Consumer market experience and retail experience is an advantage
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.