|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Australia Rates Syndicate desk is part of the Global Syndicate Business within Markets and is responsible for all AUD issuance by both domestic Sovereign and Semi-Sovereign issuers as well as global Sovereign, Supranational and Agency issuers. The desk covers the full life cycle of a transaction, including pitching, marketing, pricing and execution. It connects issuers to J.P. Morgan’s domestic and global franchise, including coverage, research, trading and sales.
The Australia Rates Syndicate desk is part of the broader global Rates Syndicate team. The Sydney desk pitches, prices, markets and executes new bond issues for J.P. Morgan’s domestic and global issuer clients in Australian Dollars. Responsibility for coverage of domestic clients is undertaken by the Australia desk, however, coverage of offshore clients will be done in collaboration with offshore Debt Capital Markets (DCM) teams.
The primary responsibilities will be to drive and grow the Australian Dollar primary franchise in collaboration with teams across the Markets business. You will manage relationships with domestic clients, understand their needs, pitch trade ideas and work in conjunction with offshore DCM to provide coverage and pitch ideas to Sovereign, Supranational and Agency issuers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing analytics; market data and marketing materials to help offshore DCM teams and clients understand deal flow and market dynamics and on the new issue market
- Producing and presenting well thought out trade recommendations and pricing levels, both directly to issuers and to offshore DCM, allowing them to pitch and market to global issuers
- Working with the sales team and coordinating with other firm’s syndicate desks to put together roadshow meetings for the firm’s issuer clients
- Collecting and organizing investor feedback
- Deal execution – checking order details with sales; querying potential errors/outliers; analyzing order books to help determine where to request further sales focus; working with other syndicate desks on pricing recommendations and appropriate allocations on deals
- Assisting with the booking and settlement processes
- Working with compliance and business controls to remain updated with the current and ongoing regulatory changes
To be successful, you will need:
- Experience in the AUD market in either a DCM or Syndicate capacity
- Proven prioritization and time management skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to set and pursue goals independently to drive the growth of the franchise
- An understanding of and ability to adapt quickly to the regulatory and control environment
- Ability to interact comfortably with, and manage a large variety of stakeholders both internally and externally
- To be a proven team player