|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 235 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Kmart are currently looking for a Category Manager - Apparel for a 12 month Maternity Leave role to drive sales for the Apparel categories in our new format stores (K hubs). As a key contributor to our new format, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Determine curated edited collections across all Apparel, based on historical data and business strategies and plans
- Ensure range selections meet space plans and business timelines
- Align range selection to the overall strategic direction for K hub and commercial metrics
- Define and determine post seasonal reviews to identify key insights and learnings to share back with key stakeholders
- Monitor and analyse category performance and insights to continually improve decisions to improve customer experience
To be successful in securing this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Prior experience working as a buyer/category manager within apparel
- Results-oriented and outcome-focused: accustomed to delivering against hard commercial targets/metrics demonstrated through your solid financial, numerical and analytical skills
- Exceptional collaboration, resilience, influencing and communication skills (written/verbal)
- Prior experience selecting and editing ranges to suit our Khub customers
- Must be able to think on your feet and have the confidence to drive commercial outcomes
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.