|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Mining have a new opportunity for an experienced Underground Project Manager interested in joining the team on a permanent basis at Carrapateena, a large-scale, world class modern underground mine owned by OZ minerals located in South Australia 160km north of Port Augusta.
A high standard of performance, efficiency and an ability to maximise the output of the project is sought after to ensure ongoing success in achieving key project milestones. This role will be suited to someone with established and professional communications skills, who has experience in dealing with company/client relationships and the required tenacity that will come with managing a contract.
You will have proven experience in underground metalliferous mining operations from the initial project stages through to mining and experience with various mining techniques in development and stoping operations. You will have experience with continuous budget cost and performance analysis and ensuring unnecessary costs are identified and minimised and that income and expenditure targets are achieved.
The business is seeking someone who leads by example with a high level of integrity who aligns with the Downer values and will continue to drive the positive culture built within our organisation.
The successful applicant will reside in South Australia and be available to FIFO on either a 2:2 or 8:6 roster.
- First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency OR Senior Site Executive OR Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering
- Frontline management or equivalent
- Current manual drivers’ licence
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in underground metalliferous mining.
- Minimum 3 years in a role with management accountability
- Exposure to mining methods relevant to the project
- Exposure to contract management
- Comprehensive knowledge of underground mining development cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of production mining method and material handling system relevant to the project
- Sound leadership skills of whom any reasonable person would want to work for.
- Computer literate and intermediate or greater skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
What We Offer
- Accommodation provided which offers free Wi-Fi, great dining facilities with a range of food options as well as a range of lifestyle options to make you feel at home;
- Telstra 4G mobile network coverage available across site
- A permanent role with a competitive and attractive salary & benefits
- Access to a range of employee benefits and discounts on health insurances and local health check programs, as well as discounted vehicle hire and much more!
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities;
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee;
- Job security in the form of a long-term contract and a long term mine life.
For further information regarding this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the 'Apply' button and complete the online application. Resumes will not be accepted via email.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply