ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Physiotherapy Department at Werribee Mercy Hospital, an expanding health service that is committed to ensuring high quality, evidence-based, person-centred, safe and effective patient care. This position will be an integral part of the physiotherapy and allied health team in providing contemporary care to patients across acute wards and our community palliative care service.
- Grade 2 Physiotherapist, full time maternity leave fixed term contract (part-time considered): 13 August 2018 – 11 August 2019
- Based in the friendly and supportive physiotherapy team at Werribee Mercy Hospital and including Mercy Palliative Care Community visits
- The role is to provide quality, evidence based, person-centred physiotherapy services to acute inpatients (which may include medical, surgical, orthopaedic and ED clinical streams) and also to inpatients and community patients in Mercy Palliative Care, ensuring a holistic approach to the patient, their families and others.
- Integral to physiotherapy and inter-professional teams providing responsive, flexible care to patients
- Assists with supervision to junior physiotherapists/students
- A strong learning culture of ongoing education, team support and a robust supervision framework
- Recognised Degree in Physiotherapy, current, full physiotherapy registration with AHPRA, current unrestricted drivers licence
- Clinical skills and experience relevant to position
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills and practices with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- High level working knowledge of current evidence based practices and a commitment to continuous quality improvement, clinical research and professional development of self and others
- Enthusiastic, flexible, dedicated, team-oriented
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects currently underway, including an $85 million State Government funded redevelopment that will deliver a new critical care unit and take the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Anne Harrison Physiotherapy Manager AHarrison@mercy.com.au
Quote Ref No: WMH 151
Applications Close: Friday, 17 August 2018