|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have a brand new position available in our urban maintenance team in Whanganui as an Urban Vegetation Controller. If you are looking for a role that is based outdoors throughout the Whanganui urban environment, then we want to hear from you!
Why work for us?
- We offer a rewarding hourly rate with opportunities to train and obtain qualifications
- Full time employment with flexible hours of work, also the potential for additional hours
- You’ll be part of an experienced crew with managers to coach and guide you
- Job security with long term secured contracts in the region
Our people are committed to what we do and at Downer NZ we work together as a team to deliver on our promise to continue to be 'the number one supplier of infrastructure services in New Zealand’. In this role, you will need to have a keen eye for detail to meet our customer’s needs. You will be undertaking urban maintenance related activities to achieve contract standards; this will include controlling weed growth through herbicide application, street cleaning, vegetation clearing and knapsack work. It goes without saying that we are looking for someone who will willingly adopt the Zero Harm requirements of this role.
Along with your positive attitude there are a few other essentials, but don’t stress too much if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you.
- Class 1-2 Full New Zealand Drivers licence and able to drive a manual (our trucks aren’t automatics sorry)
- You will have a Grow Safe Qualification
- Physically fit (As you will be spending your time outdoors and on your feet)
- Great communication skills
Flexibility to work varying hours that include early morning starts and some weekends.
If this sounds like you? Do not delay! Seize the opportunity to secure your future with Downer APPLY NOW!
Visit www.downercareers.co.nz and enter 567704 into the keyword search.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol-free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.