|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- FIFO 5/2 4/3 and Residential opportunities available at Brockman & Cape Lambert – 2-year Fixed Term
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for an Advisor Environment to partner with our site operations and other key stakeholders to support effective environmental management across our Assets.
This is a great opportunity for a safety focused, experienced Environmental Advisor who strives for consistencies and efficiencies and enjoys working on varied portfolio of environmental work.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Superintendent Environment you will be:
- Partnering with Asset teams and stakeholders to support effective environmental risk management;
- Implementing and verifying the business’ environmental management system;
- Managing environmental issues, for example; fauna/flora, surface water quality, marine environmental management, groundwater quality, clearing/rehabilitation activities and hydrocarbon/contamination management;
- Project managing contractors and consultants providing environmental services;
- Providing environmental advice in the interpretation of legislation, acts and regulations;
- Preparing and submitting compliance reports in association with our licence to operate.
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Environmental or related discipline with sound knowledge of key concepts theories and practices related to environment risk management, State and Federal Environmental Legislation and environmental management systems;
- Demonstrated experience in executing related work activities with a strong attitude towards safety and improvement;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently, with reliability and accuracy.
What we offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority;
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto;
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program;
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family;
- Attractive share ownership plan;
- Company provided insurance cover;
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options;
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions;
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support;
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave);
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more);
- Possible domestic relocation assistance.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close on 31st January 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.