|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A great opportunity to work in a supportive and goal orientated team
- Manage the database and middleware team to deliver capability to the business
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- Location Edinburgh Parks, SA
Apply your talent where it counts as a Lead Database and Middleware Administrator within the Information and Management and Technology (IM&T) Team.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Our IM&T department provides sustainable, best in class, end-to-end services to our customers throughout Australia. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
As the Lead Database and Middleware Administrator, you will deliver high quality, resilient and cost effective core infrastructure services to BAE Systems and provide technical leadership, guidance and strategic direction to the Database and Middleware team.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Coach and develop Service Leads to manage their team's performance and drive objectives that are aligned to business goals to achieve maximum customer benefit
- Establish and maintain team workload plans from fortnightly to yearly outlooks
- Set and drive team strategy and tactics contributing to department strategic plans
- Focus on establishment of "next generation" infrastructure technology strategies
- Monitor, evaluate and report on nominated team activities to the Manager - Infrastructure Services and Head of Service Delivery
- Advise and lead recommendations to leverage solutions that incorporate existing and new capabilities along with the associated total cost of ownership of such solutions
- Lead and drive process improvement to optimise service delivery of core capability and additional service offerings to the business in accordance with a structured cost model
- Liaise with internal and external customers\stakeholders at all levels in order to provide a high level of customer service and set realistic expectations with associated priority
- Work collaboratively with external vendors, internal technical\architecture teams and customers throughout a project lifecycle to successfully deliver initiatives
- Contribute to management and budget forecasts for the Infrastructure Department on a 1 – 5 year outlook
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience and domain knowledge in core infrastructure systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a Multi-Disciplined Database and Middleware team (SQL, Oracle, Fusion Middleware, Oracle E-Business)
- The ability to communicate complex technical information articulately, work under pressure, manage conflict and influence stakeholders and tailor messages appropriately to the audience.
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities for self and team to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management.
- Embrace and lead organisation and technical change and understand the impact on the business and customer.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects to cost, schedule and quality.
- A good understanding of governance adherence in the initiative and project lifecycle.
Whilst not essential, a degree in Information Communication and Technology (ICT) or Engineering will be an advantage.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 2 defence security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.