|Job Type:||Full Time|
Merchandise Manager - WooliesX Online New Business
As a start-up business inside one of Australia's largest retailers, WooliesX aims to bring the best of Woolworths to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital, eCommerce, Customer Loyalty and Financial Services businesses to transform the customer experience under one banner - WooliesX.
Based in Surry Hills in our vibrant, innovative and energetic offices, the Woolies Marketplace is a newly created business at WooliesX, part of the Woolworths Group. As a strategic objective, we have a goal of expanding our customer offering significantly by 2022, focused on supplying everyday grocery products to customers across Australia. This role is key to shaping the strategic direction and executing our customer value proposition.
The Merchandise Manager will be responsible for defining the range and seller agreements for nominated Product Categories. You will also lead seller discussions, driving mutually beneficial long term business plans, forging strong partnerships. Your success will come from working closely alongside our buying teams to deliver an extended online-only product range that unlocks revenue growth opportunities within woolworths.com.au, whilst delivering over and above our customers’ expectations.
Our ideal candidate will have a background in retail, with some prior online marketplace experience, be a strong negotiator, using data and insights to make strategic decisions, and have outstanding experience in building long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ownership and full accountability of nominated product categories
- Lead the overall short and long term category strategic direction
- Drive efficiency through range curation, delivering a high performing product assortment aligned to specific customer buying requirements
- Continuously leverage data & insights to drive continuous improvement and sustainable growth for both WooliesX and sellers
- Collaborate across WooliesX and Woolworths Supermarkets to deliver against Woolies Market goals & objectives and ensure the customers remain at the centre of everything we do
- Set and achieve market share objectives against competitors
- Review and Implement improved processes to achieve efficiencies
- Build value-adding long-term partnerships with our suppliers and sellers
- Engage and collaborate with our Supermarkets buying team to support their strategic category plans through extended online ranging
To thrive at Woolies X, you will be an inspiring and engaging individual who is passionate about helping people, teams and our organisation. As a trusted advisor, you have the ability to influence an organisation with a good appreciation of commercial and strategic context.
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Our team are taking a well-deserved break between 24th December and 4th January 2021. If you wish to apply for this role, we'll be in touch with an update on your application in the new year. Wishing you and your family a wonderful festive season.
Want to hear more? Apply via www.wowcareers.com.au or alternatively connect with Tara Collison on Linkedin #LI for further information. #Work180
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You