Last updated an hour ago
|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
The Workplace Experience team acts as a 3D billboard for our values, crafts an environment where Atlassians are able to choose their own journey, and have the agility to stay aligned with our Customers.
We are looking for an Events Leader who is a master communicator and whose intrinsic purpose is to build a sense of community, connection, and belonging through the events and engagement program you curate. The ideal candidate is someone who has a tireless focus on delivering an experience that aligns with the Atlassian values and its highly-engaging culture. Does this sound exciting to you? You might be the person we're looking for.
In this role:
- You will understand how Atlassian staff and processes work so you can anticipate future needs, and implement exciting new strategies
- You will run high-visibility, high-impact strategic engagement, and culture programs across multiple buildings as well as virtually
- You will explore technology solutions to streamline and improve experiences and workflows whilst not losing the human touch
- You will work with various teams to drive outcomes, align with business owners and partners, allay risk, and deliver value to our internal clients
On your first day, we will expect that:
- You have crafted creative strategies based on vision and goals and translate them into executable plans and sophisticated programs
- You have managed and crafted in-person and virtual or digital events, and maintain a network of contacts in the customer service industries
- You have a proven track record to use data and new insights to make informed decision and communicate information varied audiences
- You are comfortable working with a team on global initiatives as well as owning your regional portfolio of staff events and experience initiatives
It's also great if:
- You have previous experience leading or mentoring a team, and rolling out programs within tech and startup spaces, with a focus on diversity and inclusion
- You possess sustainable events accreditations such as ISO 20121
More about our team
Our team is based in Sydney, and we work with programs that work to serve every Atlassian. As Program Managers, we build trusted networks, seek clarity, and serve as the drivers and the glue to ensure teams deliver on sophisticated, cross-functional programs. We challenge each other constantly to improve our outcomes. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns, and frameworks that deliver impact and enable and empower all teams. We're direct, focused, and demand perfection, but there's laughter in every meeting because we enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. Dogs, coffee, and tea, and In & Out burgers are a few of our favorite things
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.