|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Take your career to the next level
- Utilise your experience of Linux Systems, learn new skills and develop your career on a large Defence project
- Enjoy flexibility & interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Linux Engineer with our team based at DSTG Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
To ensure our programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join us as a Linux Engineer.
As a Linux Engineer, you will perform engineering development and administration of project Linux and UNIX systems as well as performing secondary functions such as fault detection, performance monitoring, general systems management and provision of direct user level support.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills and develop your career on a large Defence project.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Prototype, develop and implement new technical solutions for the Linux environment
- Technically lead Linux development and deployment activities and provide guidance and support to more junior members of the team
- Design, build, and deployment of Linux changes into the project environment.
- Produce relevant artefacts associated with changes to the system.
- Completion of thorough acceptance testing of approved changes during deployments.
- Provide input into updates and enhancements of the Linux SOE.
- Direct user, application support and troubleshooting of system issues.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering or information technology discipline.
- Experience with configuration management and monitoring tools such as Satellite, Ansible and Nagios.
- Strong and relevant industry experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems Engineering or Administration and infrastructure deployment in large multi-site environments.
- An Information, Communication and Technology Degree (ICT), Engineering related degree or relevant vendor certifications.
- A willingness to provide out of hours support as required coupled with a can do attitude.
- A strong team focus and exceptional customer service ability.
- Whilst not essential Agile qualifications and experience will be an advantage.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell– Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Greig.Russell@baesystems.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.