About the Role
This role is responsible for contributing to the ongoing operation and continuous improvement of the processes, services and systems which comprise Uniting’s cloud and on-premise environments. In addition, the role will drive customer service excellence via collaborative partnerships both within the IT directorate, as well as across the business, to ensure Uniting’s staff and customer needs can and will be met sustainably.
This position is offered on a temporary full-time basis until December 2021.
About you in the role
As the Senior Cloud and Data Centre engineer, your role specifically will:
- Uses agreed procedures to create and maintain an accurate register of assets. Performs activities related to administration of assets. Produces routine reports to assist asset management activities and decision making.
- Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken. May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Uses system management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed system software maintenance tasks. Installs and tests new versions of system software. Maintains operational documentation for system software. Advises customers and colleagues on the correct and effective use of system software.
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Applies techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
- Investigates security breaches in accordance with established procedures. Assists users in defining their access rights and privileges. Performs non-standard security administration tasks and resolves security administration issues.
- Maintains security administration processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed standards. Provides guidance in defining access rights and privileges. Investigates security breaches in accordance with established procedures.
- Deploys, sets up and tunes on-premise and cloud infrastructure elements following maintenance schedules and using appropriate tools and test equipment. Incorporates hardware/firmware modifications. Interprets automatic fault/performance indications and resolves faults down to discrete component level or escalates according to given procedures.
- Supports the team lead role in maintaining cloud and infrastructure support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures, including infrastructure configuration, installation and maintenance. Uses infrastructure management tools to collect and report on load and performance statistics and to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed infrastructure. Contributes to the implementation of maintenance and installation work.
- Reviews capacity, performance, availability and other operational metrics and take appropriate action to ensure corrective and proactive maintenance of storage and backup systems to support the requirement to protect and secure business information.
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Ensures Incidents are handled according to correct procedures either directly or via resource co-ordination and adherence to established customer service expectations.
- Monitors compliance against agreed processes and investigates, assesses and resolves incidents of non-compliance, escalating where necessary. Grants users required physical accesses and monitors and reports on overall access control
- This is a technical administration and service delivery role, typically requiring more than 8 years’ experience in enterprise systems and cloud administration & support within an ITIL based service delivery in operations and transition service contexts.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be well organized, proactive, accurate and disciplined.
- Extensive experience driving sustainable value from external vendors and service providers.
- Experience in not only administering enterprise cloud and on-premise systems and infrastructure but confident in effective lifecycle management across software and hardware elements.
- Extensive incident, problem and change management experience, driving ownership and outstanding customer experience at all times.
- Up to date and industry recognized technical certifications which demonstrate your personal commitment to continuously develop your skills in rapidly changing technical environments.
Interested? Then apply today!