The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Consultant within the Real Estate Advisory Services team, in our Perth office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
This opening will provide the incumbent with the opportunity to work with a highly experienced Real Estate team, within a national practice. The role offers experience across multiple industry sectors as well as across function within the EY Strategy and Transactions network.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide financial and feasibility modelling assistance on a range of different projects and transactions for income producing and development assets
- Provide market research and trend analysis and contribute to thought leaderships papers
- Assist with valuation assignments in both stabilised assets and development properties
- Assist on and be at the forefront of major urban renewal and infrastructure projects including the preparation of business cases, transaction strategies and property development advisory
- Provide vendor and acquisition due diligence for clients disposing or acquiring real estate assets or portfolios of assets across a range of asset classes
- Work on new and innovative housing models such as Build to Rent and Specialist Disability Accommodation
- Investigate and utilise new real estate technology applications to deliver innovative deliverables to our clients
- Strong analytical skills, communication skills and attention to detail
- A detailed understanding of private sector and government valuation processes
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- A bachelor’s degree in a Property or Real Estate Valuation
- A passion for real estate and interest in working across a highly diverse range of projects
- Problem solving and self-motivated learner
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Qualified as a Valuer or worked as Assistant Valuer
- Professional accreditation (or working towards) such a CPV of the API or RICS; or CFA, CPA or ACA