|Location:||New South Wales, New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
Field Service Plant Mechanic – Mudgee
About the role
Due to customer demand we currently have opportunities available with our team based from our Mudgee branch.
Leveraging off your Caterpillar product knowledge and excellent diagnostics and troubleshooting skills, you will be required to offer OEM support providing our customers with service and breakdown solutions across our customer sites.
Our Plant Mechanics are recognised for their exact knowledge of CAT equipment – well trained, professional, and experts in their field. The best tooling is available, and you can continue to learn alongside some of the best trade’s professionals. We have an excellent leadership team, and great opportunities for trade and career advancement.
- Monday to Friday day shift only – 10 hour shifts
- Performing repairs, maintenance and inspections on a range of customer equipment including: 789D, D11T, D10T, 24, 24M, 16M
- Diagnosing and reporting for preventative maintenance
- Autonomously providing solutions, service and satisfaction to our customers
Skills & Experience
- Mechanical Trade Certificate (Plant Mechanic, Diesel Fitter or equivalent)
- Ability to diagnose faults with Caterpillar equipment and undertake repairs and component replacement
- Structured approach and ability to work autonomously
- Excellent interpersonal/teamwork and written/verbal communication skills
- Dedicated commitment to Safety and Quality Assurance
- Ability to organise and schedule work directly with customers
- Strong commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Eagerness to meet customer site regulations and policies
- Able to work overtime and/or extra shifts as required
- OHS White card
- Nationally accredited forklift and EWP ticket
- Working at heights qualification/s
- Competitive base hourly rate
- 10% location allowance
- 15% Field Service allowance
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
Due to the holiday shutdown period, candidates can expect to be contacted from the week commencing 11 January 2021.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.