|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sodexo provides a range of services at remote locations across Australia, servicing both on-shore and off-shore sites, in difficult and challenging environments. At Sodexo, our Energy & Resources sector serves four global markets: Mining, Offshore & Marine, Onshore Energy, and Engineering & Construction Projects. Our growing team of employees is dedicated to improving productivity, building meaningful client relationships, reducing on-site problems and improving quality of life for the thousands of Australians who call our remote sites home.
About the job
Sodexo has existing opportunities for Wet Season work with our Grounds Maintenance in the Weipa, Far North Queensland. This is a casual local hire role with shifts primarily Monday to Friday and would suit applicants with experience or interest in landscaping and grounds maintenance background.
This is a wet season casual local hire role – meaning all candidates must currently live in Weipa and surrounding areas and available to work throughout the wet season.
Reporting to the Grounds Maintenance Manager, your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- deliver various ground maintenance services such as mowing, whipper snipping, pruning, and edging
- responsible use of chemicals and sprays in designated areas
- general clean up as directed to maintain a tidy common area
- Assist in unloading and loading equipment, operating machinery directed
- Water testing and general manual labour as required
You may also be requested to provide a broad range of assistance to other services provided by Sodexo, such as assisting in the kitchen, housekeeping and any other areas that require your assistance as needed.
You will need to have the below skills in order to be successful:
- a current manual driver licence is essential for this role
- Previous experience in a ground’s maintenance or similar labouring role is preffered but not essential
- A positive can-do attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to work all day outside
- A solid understanding of the safe usage of related chemicals, fertilisers, poisons and pesticides
- Strong safety awareness and be able to follow safety procedures
- Ability to work as part of a team and commitment to following through to achieve tasks
- You will also be willing and able to partake in a pre-employment medical which includes a drug and alcohol test
Additional licences or certificates such as a fork lift, EWP and S1 – apply risk management processes certificate is advantageous but not essential for this role.
If this sounds like the right job for you click on “I’m Interested” and complete our 5-minute application process.
current open or provisional manual drivers licence