|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sodexo provides a range of services at remote locations across Australia, servicing both on-shore and off-shore sites, in difficult and challenging environments. At Sodexo, our Energy & Resources segment serves four markets: Mining, Offshore & Marine, Onshore Energy, and Engineering & Construction Projects. Our growing team of employees is dedicated to improving productivity, building meaningful client relationships, reducing on-site problems and improving quality of life for the thousands of Australians who call our remote sites home.
Looking to start a rewarding career in the Mining sector where you can live and work locally?
As part of our Service Attendant remote site teams, you will contribute to the day-to-day operations of a mine site by providing excellent customer service to improve the quality of life of guests at their home away from home.
The roles consist of 9.5-11 hour shifts on varying rosters across a wide range of Sodexo sites. This is the perfect opportunity to build your remote site experience with the opportunity to rotate through various job roles and duties.
About the role
Our Service Attendants will fill roles across numerous areas including but not limited to mine site cleaning, housekeeping, laundry, kitchen hand, and dining room attendants. Previous experience in remote site work is not essential, if you have a passion for customer service and a great attitude we want to hear from you!
This is a casual drive in, drive out role or fly in, fly out role throughout the Bowen Basin QLD. Successful candidates must live around or between the Rockhampton, Cherbourg, Emerald, Warrabindi, Kingaroy, Maryborough - Townsville region.
Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply!
To be successful in this role you will hold the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in the hospitality or industrial cleaning industry in one of the above-mentioned areas preferable in a remote environment, resort or mining camp
- Strong safety awareness and exposure/understanding of handling and storing chemicals
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts and rosters
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a busy environment
- A great attitude – enjoy going to work each swing!
- A strong commitment to high standards of customer service and integrity
- Provisional or Open Licence would be highly advantageous
What you’ll gain working for Sodexo:
- Opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of different sites, departments and teams
- Accommodation and meals provided whilst on site
- Competitive remuneration and various opportunities for career growth and ongoing training and development – we invest in our people!
- A supportive and engaging team environment
- Opportunity to join the 18th largest employer in the wold and a leader in Quality of Life Services
If this sounds like the right job for you click on “I’m Interested” and complete our 5-minute application process.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and a Working with Children check (where applicable)