|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sodexo provides a range of services at remote locations across Australia, servicing both on-shore and off-shore sites, in difficult and challenging environments. At Sodexo, our Energy & Resources segment serves four markets: Mining, Offshore & Marine, Onshore Energy, and Engineering & Construction Projects. Our growing team of employees is dedicated to improving productivity, building meaningful client relationships, reducing on-site problems and improving quality of life for the thousands of Australians who call our remote sites home.
About the Job
Leadership role supporting the Head Chef with running a remote site based catering operation.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide leadership, coordinate and support staff in maintaining a customer focused, secure and safe working environment in catering operations. This is an opportunity to enter our business in a leadership role within our catering team with potential to progress to a head chef role in the future. This role is responsible for food service across breakfast, crib, dinner and occasional function catering.
We take safety seriously, so adhering to our policies and procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues is paramount.
You thrive in a fast paced environment, handle pressure with ease and possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Trade Certificate, Cert III or Cert IV in Commercial Cookery
- Strong leadership skills and focus on customer service
- You will have extensive experience in large high volume kitchen environments and a thorough working knowledge of the resources sector
- Flexibility to work a variety of rosters and shifts.
- A great attitude - we want you to enjoy going to your job each swing!
The responsibilities of the Sous Chef will include but are not limited to the follow:
- Hands-on service for bulk and buffet style cooking which will include preparing, cooking and presenting meals for breakfast, dinner, crib and pastries
- Ensuring the kitchen is HSEQ compliant, following HACCP procedures and safe work practices
- Supporting the Head Chef and Town Services Manager to ensure a strong focus on quality of service which meets Sodexo’s and our client’s expectations
- Managing kitchen staff in the absence of the Head Chef, and
- On occasion, organise or assist in setting up functions requested
What you can gain:
- For the right candidate, accommodation can be provided
- 14 days on, 7 days off lifestyle
- New experience living and working in a beautiful and remote small town
- A supportive and engaging team environment
- Excellent remuneration and with ongoing career development
- Opportunity to join the 18th largest employer in the wold and a leader in Quality of Life Services
If this sounds like the right job for you click on “I’m Interested” and complete our 5-minute application process.
Trade Certificate, Cert III or Cert IV in Commercial Cookery.