|Job Type:||Part Time|
Sodexo began operations in Australia in 1982 and now provides on-site services at over 300 diverse locations throughout Australia. Today we have over 5,000 employees in Australia who are part of the global Sodexo team of 425, 000.
Sodexo designs, manages and delivers innovative integrated solutions that not only improve the way our clients businesses run on a daily basis, but enhance Quality of Life for our clients, consumers and employees.
The year 2021 will bring about significant growth and exciting prospects within our Education segment, Sodexo are inviting applications from experienced Catering Assistants and Baristas interested in joining Sodexo and working within the Cranbourne area.
Working within the on-site catering team and reporting into the Chef Manager, duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Provide a professional and knowledgeable food and beverage service while ensuring meeting customer dietary requirements
- Ensure all rooms are set-up correctly and within a timely manner for all meal services, events, meetings and functions
- Basic food preparation including salads, sandwiches, and hot meals as well as buffet setup and serving
- Welcome and connect with customers
- Prepare amazing coffee and meet customer choice requests
- Performs equipment maintenance in accordance with preventive maintenance checklist
- Maintain cleanliness of all rooms during and after service, usage of commercial dishwasher and thoroughly clean the kitchen area
- Provide a high standard of customer service to all clients and customers
- Use of a PoS system as well as cash management
- Cleaning and maintenance of the staff kitchen areas and restocking tea/coffee and biscuits
- Complete any other duties or tasks within scope requested by the catering manager/supervisor or chef
- Agree and adhere to Sodexo and client HSEQ requirements
What you will be offered is a fantastic team culture, a work/life balance and ongoing Barista training from our national supplier.
To be successful in this role, you will come from a from a 5-star hotel background or similar and possess the below:
- Experience in a similar role in corporate catering, a-la-carte high end restaurants, or other prestigious institutions is preferred
- A high standard of food hygiene, safety and cleanliness
- Strong cooking and food preparation skills including knife skills are essential
- Barista experience and latte art skills – a qualification is preferred but not essential
- A strong focus on high quality food production and presentation
- Hold (or willing to obtain) a Victorian Working with Children Check
- You have full, unrestricted working rights within Australia
- You are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking and prioritising
- You will have excellent communication and ability to build relationships with clients and customers
- You pride yourself in outstanding customer service and personal presentation
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a National Police Check, Pre-Employment Medical, Reference checking and Online Training.