|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants must have a right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in marketing/advertising/media strategy areas.
- Project management experience.
- Experience handling multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Experience at developing strategy, business plans, executive relationships, and influencing cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience with launching and marketing consumer electronics products.
- Experience managing large, complex projects, significant budgets, and working with stakeholders and teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Knowledge of hardware marketing and consumer electronics dynamics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership and organizational management skills.
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Product Marketing Manager in the Hardware team, your role will be to help manage and launch our portfolio of hardware products to Australian consumers. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing our hardware strategy. You will own key elements of the marketing plan to drive product awareness and usage. You will work closely with local product marketing managers, regional and global hardware marketing team, as well as the hardware partnerships and product teams to build strategic plans, execute high impact campaigns, and track results in a fast, startup like environment.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Drive marketing efforts with key partners to grow core user and business metrics. Oversee the approval of partner creative featuring our hardware products to ensure brand consistency and product accuracy.
- Oversee the approval of partner creative featuring our hardware products to ensure brand consistency and product accuracy.
- Be the voice of users in Australia to global teams, showcasing the unique needs of this market and leading innovations that can best serve the needs of Australians.
- Work cross-functionally with retail operations, product, legal and product marketing teams to align on product roadmap, prioritization, execution planning and performance tracking.
- Develop and manage the overall Nest performance measurement and learning agenda, and manage administrative tasks including budget management, invoicing, and creative approvals.