|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are currently seeking an innovative Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering Team at BMC’s South Walker Creek Mine. In this role, you will promote the continuous improvement efforts of our operation in creating value and driving sustainable outcomes.
Reporting to the Superintendent Governance & Technical Stewardship, as a focal point for the team, the role will see you responsible for supporting mechanical engineering activities across site. You will be required to engage technical specialists and provide technical input to the operation. You will be capable of working effectively across a variety of stakeholders to ensure optimal outcomes for the business. You will benefit from the diverse and highly visible nature of the work you undertake.
Your responsibilities:• Lead and manage the site engineering governance program through audits, action planning, ensuring that appropriate inspections and audits are occurring to internal and statutory standards.
- Manage the mechanical blue print and champion the management of change process for the site.
- Identifying and leading the implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Providing input in to the site Operating and Capital budgets.You will be a performance and achievement oriented professional with leadership capability, who is motivated by exceeding expectations and providing excellent results.
Your previous background in governance and engineering or maintenance will see you well placed for the challenges of this role. To be successful you will demonstrate the following:
- An understanding of risk management, auditing processes and experience in undertaking appropriate actions based on audit findings;
- Well-developed communication skills and an ability to work with various stakeholders from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong root cause analysis and problem solving skills with a collaborative approach to finding practical solutions;
- Be a thought leader with the ability to connect the dots and work with ambiguity;
- Be tertiary qualified in Mechanical Engineering (University or Trade);
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence outcomes.
- Strong MS Office skills.
Your diversity of thought and practical experience will be embraced and you will be working with a leader who encourages open communication and will empower you to utilise your existing knowledge and skills to make a real difference. Come join our dynamic and fun working environment – the team are waiting for you!
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. #LIQLD