The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Consultant/Senior Consultant within the Valuation, Modelling and Economics team in our Sydney office.
Teams within our Strategy and Transactions (SaT) service line work with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within SaT include Mergers and Acquisitions, Project Finance, Corporate Restructuring, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax and Valuation, Modelling and Economics.
Join Valuation, Modelling and Economics and you join a team of experienced professionals who bring to clients excellence in corporate finance and commercial advice. You will help guide clients making key decisions and improving strategic outcomes. With over 1,600 professionals worldwide, no similarly positioned global professional organisation can match our breadth of capabilities or our depth of resources.
- Work within small project teams to undertake valuations of businesses and intangible assets. Your work will be for various purposes including management planning, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), tax, financial reporting and disputes
- Take ownership for delivery of projects within each team. You will be the key person responsible for preparation of valuation reports and detailed financial modelling and analysis
- Think critically, identify issues and propose strategies related to the advice being provided.
- Maintain positive, productive, and professional relationships with client personnel and colleagues
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 1 to 5 years of related work experience
- A degree in finance, economics, accounting or business, with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Some direct experience utilising various valuation techniques and methodologies (market comparables, discounted cash flow, etc) and for different purposes (e.g. acquisition accounting / PPA) within a business valuation firm or practice or in venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, financial research, national valuation firm or experience in a corporate finance role for an organization, preferably for M&A activities
- Experience in financial modelling including experience building models from scratch in MS Excel and related software preferred
- Experience conducting valuations for tax planning purposes desired
- Excellent analytical, communication, organisational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
- An open, curious mind which can help us to enhance the way we work and bring creative solutions to client’s problems
- Strong teaming skills. We work in teams and pride ourselves on our open, supportive culture
- A strong desire to continually develop themselves and others