|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
The role of the Technical Specialist, Networks is to take operational ownership of the services that are being offered to Optus Business customers in the form of Managed Network and Data Centre Services.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for and troubleshooting to resolving complex faults, identifying and remediating the root cause of incidents via problem management methodology as well as scoping and implementing complex changes within managed Network environments. The Technical specialist will also be involved in configuration of networks solutions by a range of strategic vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Riverbed and F5, and the ongoing management of Tier 1 infrastructure. Data Centre, wireless, enterprise networks experience is key to being successful in this role. Certification in major network vendors such as Redhat Ansible and Cisco, would be looked upon favourably.
**Please note: This is a 12 month Fixed Term role based in Melbourne
- Meet or exceed customer service SLAs
- Take ownership of customer issues escalated to you and update the incident manager and customer as appropriate.
- Manage workflow to ensure Major Network or Sensitive Customer Faults are prioritised
- Represent customer needs in a fast-moving fluid business environment
- Increase customer loyalty and lower customer exit transitions
- Interactions & incidents are updated in ServiceNow.
- Customer systems experience high through positive engagement attributable to communication, knowledge and timely response.
- OB is positively represented to customers through all forms of communication, exhibiting empathy to their situation, perspective, constraints and issues.
- After hours work is completed as rostered and scheduled.
- Complex MACs and Transitions are completed as scoped and in the timeframe that was committed to the customer.
- Significant experience in the ICT Network Engineering field or working in a service provider capacity, with strong focus on managed network services and operational network service delivery
- Development of code for automation, primarily in Python/Ansible.
- Hands-on writing scripts to provision, manage and change ICT devices
- Write unit test and test scripts to ensure continuous delivery through CI/CD pipeline
- Working with both the product architects and the infrastructure engineering team to design/ develop, and deliver to the automation Product roadmap
- Work with Agile methodology to deliver tasks, however still conforming to a level of ITIL and following Optus Service management principles
- Mentor and coach junior members and collaborate with internal peer teams on DevOps Practices and coding skills
- Experience working in a client environment, managing internal network infrastructure, and external network vendors/stakeholders.
- Excellent skills in support & configuration of Cisco routers and switches
- Excellent skills in support & configuration of Cisco Data Centre routers and switches, including Nexus
- Excellent skills in support & configuration of Dynamic routing protocols.
- Experience with support and configuration of Cisco Wireless solutions
- Knowledge of service level management, transition management and change management
- Escalation management and advanced problem solving
What will make you stand out :
- Proven working experience in an object-oriented programming language C+, C# or Java
- Experience RedHat Ansible Tower or Ansible AWX
- Azure VMs, Virtual Networks, Storage, etc.
- Microsoft Server (Services, IIS, Active Directory) automation: PowerShell and DSC
- ServiceNow customisation experience
- Networking / SDWAN