|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it, we breathe it. Woolworths offers real opportunities for career development, for those who love food and putting a smile on a customer’s face. So if you’re someone who leads by example and strives to be better every day, then we would love to hear from you.
About the Role
The Statistical Forecast Analyst plays a key part in the accuracy of forecasts produced by Group Replenishment forecasting systems, in addition to the ongoing maintenance and root cause analysis of the inputs/outputs which may span across:
- Maintaining and optimising key inputs to the forecast systems, e.g. Event parameters, regression casuals
- Standard sell price change drivers and historical sales cleansing settings
- Statistical Algorithm tuning and selection
- Demand Classification Exception reviews and user selections
- Modeling and determining benefits of new methodologies and forecast algorithm settings
The forecasts produced by these systems form the basis for supply & network planning as well as store and supplier ordering algorithms. The role is crucial in influencing sales and operational outcomes for all Woolworths Group Retail Businesses.
We want to see a passion and a genuine interest in statistics or data science & forecasting as a career! Resultantly, you will have a demonstrated experience working with various software systems such as SAP & JDA products along with technical systems skills (e.g. SQL coding language, or other coding languages, experience working with algorithms).
The key to success in this role will include the following skills and experience:
- Strong background in statistics with emphasis on time series analysis, forecasting or other predictive analysis techniques
- Very strong technical skills involving ability to extract, transform and present data from information systems to input into data driven insights
- Experience using modern analytical tools and SQL to access information and create visualisations on complex data sets
- Proven development of predictive analytics delivering decision insight, and delivery of toolsets driving performance change
- Proven analytical skills, outcome oriented and demonstrated ability to model scenarios and make decisions based on numerical data
- Ability to coach or train people in analytical and technical concepts and skills – including the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to non-technical groups
We are driving Inclusion and Diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements of a role you are interested in (but not all) we encourage you to submit your application.
Want to hear more? Apply via www.wowcareers.com.au or alternatively connect with Poli Krasnova on Linkedin for further information.
Our team are taking a well-deserved break between 24th December and 4th January 2021. If you wish to apply for this role, we'll be in touch with an update on your application in the new year. Wishing you and your family a wonderful festive season.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You