|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for your next career move? Do you need a lifestyle change? We have an opportunity for you to join us on large scale operation with a life expectancy of 20 years.
Downer Mining are seeking for an experienced Leading Hand Fitter to join the team on a permanent basis at Carrapateena , a large-scale, world class modern underground mine owned by OZ minerals located in South Australia 160km north of Port Augusta.
The Carrapateena team works a lifestyle friendly fly in fly out shift roster of 14/14. We have short chartered flights from Adelaide or Port Augusta to site.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be the first point of call for all workshop and breakdown staff. 90% of the time, you will be on the floor to ensure task execution quality standards are met and task time completion. 10% of the time, you will be obtaining parts and resources to assist maintenance personnel. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your positive leadership style, when coaching your crew, assisting in pre-start meetings, allocating daily/weekly tasks, and working closely with the maintenance team.
- PSI meeting task delegation & expected repair timeframes
- Ensure safe execution of work activities, identifying potential hazards or practices
- Monitor compliance to Downer’s minimum standards for paperwork completion, information recording
- Monitor defect identification standards & mentor fitters to the required standards
- Review defects
- Ensure parts, component returns to stores
- Proven experience in underground hard rock mining
- Current manual driver’s license
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to liaise with staff and external stakeholders at all levels.
- You will have initiative and a flexible approach to work with effective communication skills
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean workspace
- Committed to a Zero Harm Environment
What We Offer
- Accommodation provided by Tjungu village which offers free Wi-Fi, great dining facilities with a range of food options as well as a range of lifestyle options to make you feel at home;
- Telstra 4G mobile network coverage available across site;
- A permanent role with a competitive and attractive hourly rate and accrual of 5 weeks AL with competency-based pay increases;
- Access to a range of employee benefits and discounts on health insurances and local health check programs, as well as discounted vehicle hire and much more!;
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative;
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities;
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee;
- Job security in the form of a long term contract and a long term mine life.
How To Apply
To register your interest, please hit the “apply now” button and follow instructions to register
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.