|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Make your impact in a highly engaged team
- Committed to working flexibly
- Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for our customers
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Technical Business Analyst.
As part of the Microservices and Open Banking team reporting to the Product Manager, your primary focus will be defining and managing the sprint backlog for the assigned scrum team/s with the Engineer Manager. You will work in close collaboration with the Product Manager, your peers in the Product team and the Scrum Team/s to incept and elaborate features into the delivery backlog. It is imperative that you are experienced in Agile methodology and ensure that you fulfil the critical key responsibilities of a Technical Business Analyst. This includes the following key responsibilities;
- Collaborate with Product Manager/ Product Owner to maintain team’s backlog
- Elicit solution design briefs for new project work
- Elicit, analyse and validate Microservice (MS) requirements
- Translate MS requirements into detailed technical user stories including SIT, security, performance, DevOps, BVT & TVT stories as required
- Collaborate with Solution Designers and/or project stakeholders (SMEs, BAs) to finalise business and technical requirements and design decisions
- Work on delivery plan with the scrum team and communicate to PO and EM
- Draft up acceptance criteria (AC) for stories on BDD principles, go through AC with tester and update if required
- Triage reported functional defects with QA
- See features into Production (via release processes) with a focus on scheduling/dependencies
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to Process and Procedures pertinent to role and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified
What you will bring
- Proven experience as a Technical Business Analyst with technology teams (Microservices, APIs and data mapping) in Agile and waterfall methodology
- Scaled agile experience desirable
- Ability to provide high quality solutions
- Ability to balance competing agendas and priorities
- Possess an understanding of international best practice and industry trends
- Previous operational and strategic involvement in initiatives
Experience in the new ways of working in a Business Analyst capability? passionate about delivering digital innovation? excited to deliver customer centred outcomes? Curious and a drive to learn and grow? we want to hear from you!
By joining NAB, you are committing to putting our customers’ needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what’s right, even when it’s hard.
NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.