|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
This is a 12 month Fixed-Term Contract (FTC) position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience in management consulting, investment banking, finance, corporate strategy or similar environment.
- Experience in analytics, spreadsheets, and with SQL.
- Ability to craft and deliver a message with credibility to influence senior leadership.
- Ability to self-direct work in an unstructured environment.
- Financial acumen and effective analytical, modeling skills to analyze/structure agreements, support decisions, and provide post mortem analysis.
- Robust analytical skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
The work of the Australia and New Zealand (AUNZ) Business Finance team is integral to the operations and strategy of the commercial sales teams. From understanding market and usage trends to exploring the productivity and return of our various investments, the Business Finance organization is an important partner and independent advisor to the commercial leaders in our company.
As a Financial Analyst, you will act as a strategic business partner to the AUNZ business and its management team, with a primary focus on advertising sales. You will be responsible for providing deep analytical insight into short term trading as well as working closely with the AUNZ management team to drive longer term commercial insights and plans. You will partner closely with the business organization and act as a key advisor to the leadership team on issues such as business performance, market investment strategies, resource allocation, and risks/opportunities analysis.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Provide management with clear insights and recommendations into the business, market trends, risks and opportunities leading to business enhancement and business actions.
- Perform deep dive analyses to identify growth drivers to influence business activity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute strategic business initiatives to provide performance and analytical insights.
- Support critical financial processes such as business forecasting and goal setting.