|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in coding and scripting using one or more of the following programs: Java, Python, Go, C, C++, and/or similar.
- Experience in a relevant role or environment.
- Experience in analyzing the security of systems (pen testing, Web Application security testing, vulnerability scanning, threat modeling, etc.).
- Experience responding to security issues in target-rich environments, looking at security alerts, front-line analysis and response.
- Demonstrated expertise working with malware analysis, including investigations of botnet and rootkit behavior.
- Demonstrated expertise with signals development and threat hunting/modeling.
- Expertise in leading analysis of large data sets and intrusion detection systems.
About the job
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's usersTask and developers. Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
The Detection Team develops and maintains the signals, tools and infrastructure that we use. As part of this team, you will be building advanced and novel detection mechanisms, developing systems to automate remediation, conducting threat hunting, and performing network and systems forensics as well as malware and indicator analysis. We are responsible for handling all malicious activity on Google's networks. We perform deep analysis of threats on our corporate, production, and acquisition environments.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Participate in a 24/7 global operation that looks for and responds to security events on Google networks.
- Perform investigations on a wide variety of events from various sources to determine whether they pose a threat.
- Participate in resolving large-scale security incidents.
- Work with teams from around Google to discover new detection capabilities and logging sources.