Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
About the role
The Maintenance Manager is the main interface with the client’s Principal Maintenance Manager and is responsible for effectively conducting the activities required of them to meet the requirements of the contract.
The Maintenance Manager is a participant within the Authorised Maintenance Organisation as defined within the Defence Seaworthiness Management System (DSwMS), supports the Principal Maintenance Manager in the planning, management and delivery of the business requirements
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members (direct & indirect), so that all employees are engaged with the business; understand and adopt NSM’s values, strategy and plans; and are motivated to achieve their objectives and improve the business
- Establish clear communication within the team by creating and maintaining a culture of openness
- Overall responsibility for maintenance personnel within the team
- Responsibility for the quality, safety and timeliness of maintenance services
- Develop, deliver and update Maintenance Management Plans as required
- Ensure that all Maintenance Services provided by Subcontractors and Associated Parties are provided as required
- Ensure that maintenance services are reported on in accordance with requirements
- Ensure that each Subcontractor providing Maintenance Services can provide input as appropriate
- Support review of Maintenance Support as required
- Support close out of actions as required from reviews
- Support identification and close out of actions for longer term planning and steering activities
- Ensure assurance of Maintenance Support across the Enterprise and close out of any recommended actions
- Contribute to a “Safety First” culture through demonstrating “felt leadership” and participation in HSE initiatives
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Naval Architecture, Project Management or another relevant area
- A proven motivated and collaborative leader
- Extensive maintenance experience in a field relevant to the sustainment of Naval Assets
- Proven record of development, management and compliance with a maintenance governance structure compliant with or comparable to the DSwMS
- Working knowledge of Asset Management best practise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills, including those skills required to work effectively within a matrix organisation
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Must be an Australian Citizen and hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- No restrictions to access to AEO or FOUO level or to ITAR controlled material
- Recognised project management qualifications or accreditations
- Previous experience with the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and/or the Capability, Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG)