|Location:||Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources and energy sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed our client’s expectations.
We continue to strive forward with our WA projects in 2021 and, due to a ramp-up on FMG new project - Eliwana, we are currently seeking experienced Advanced Riggers to join the Downer team on the Pilbara based project, on a 2:1 roster.
As our dedicated Rigger you will play an integral role within the Maintenance team, ensuring all tasks are completed to the highest standard and in line with company and client policies and procedures. Duties include:
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces using correct Rigging and Lifting equipment
- Dismantle and store rigging equipment
- Fabricate, set up and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists and pulling gear using hand and power tools
- Comply with industry safety and standards of working
- Perform other general duties as required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Hold a valid HR Licence - Essential
- Hold a Crane Ticket (CN - Minimal) - Essential
- Advanced Rigging Ticket (RA) - Essential
- WAH and EWP - Essential
- Previous exposure to heavy earth moving environment would be advantageous
- Self-motivation, with strong communication skills and with the ability to manage your own time and work unsupervised
- Ability to perform as part of a team
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and well-being benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
Downer promotes and encourages a healthy work/life balance which includes your own private en-suited room in new camp facilities. This exciting role offers you the opportunity to join a dynamic team and develop your career within a highly successful diversified engineering and services business, on a brand-new project with a long mine life.
At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear, and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your current resume to this application or contact Melanie Greenfield on (08) 6212 9523 to discuss the role further.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.