|Job Type:||Full Time|
Innovation & Partnerships is a trans-Tasman team charged with delivering horizon 2+ innovation on behalf of the NAB group (NAB, BNZ, UBank). We are intent on transforming financial services to better serve customers and help communities prosper. We believe that this can only happen if the right ideas become reality and to do this, we need a pragmatic team with diverse backgrounds and a passion for delivery.
- You want to drive the future of financial services and fintech.
- You are passionate about market developments, technology and new business models.
- You want to make a material difference to customers and the direction of the NAB Group (NAB, BNZ, UBank).
We are looking for a passionate, pragmatic, execution focused innovator to join the Innovation and Partnerships team. Reporting to the Head of Innovation, this role will be focused on providing expert guidance to proposition teams across the Innovation and partnerships portfolio.
You will have expert knowledge of Human Centred Design and how it is applied across proposition development, as well as the ability to help teams and leaders structure design work to deliver great strategic results.
As the Senior Product Designer , you will combine a mix of design skills from on the tools UX, UI and digital design to shaping and running customer research all with the aim of helping deliver incredible innovations that delight customers and drive real business effect.
This role is accountable for:
- Define and set intent for key opportunity spaces and help Associate Director Innovations define clear strategies for each proposition
- Work with I&P Leadership to ensure that group strategic priorities are considered for each product
- Work with Associate Director Innovations to set clear research intent, define recruitment briefs, conversation guides and guide teams through research and synthesis activities, ensuring customer research plays a key role in shaping propositions
- Work with Associate Director Innovations to iteratively shape products from UX through to refining and designing the UI, that will enable key incubation hypothesis to be tested
- Work with both internal technology experts and external tech partners to bring these products to life
- Manage and develop processes and relationships to ensure that digital delivery is efficient and reliable
- Collaborate with designers, marketing, key business segments and wider Digital teams on producing content, aligning to brand guidelines and design standards
- Work with Associate Director Innovations owner to iterate products incubation with the overall aim of creating experiences that delight customers and deliver results for the business
- Stay abreast of new creative and technology trends that can deliver better customer experiences.
- Share practice and knowledge with colleagues in a way that helps everyone grow
- Use influencing skills to help others through the team and business to understand the value of Strategic Human Centred Design and how to best engage
The ideal candidate will have:
You will share our passion for helping humans and how technology can be an enabler. You will have a love of creative design and the techy stuff. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get hands-on with implementation, production or support. You have a broad creative skillset with a proven track record using customer research to iteratively shape products.
- 5+ years’ experience in a product design, design lead, and delivery role working on complex products across a variety of industries including financial services.
- Experience creating and delivering digital products to market
- Experience pitching and gaining support for creative ideas and concepts.
- Experience managing or directing creative projects
- Experience leading a Strategic Human-Centred Design processes including demonstrating passion and empathy for customers
- Experience managing complex internal and external relationships
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.