At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2,500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
About the Role
- Technical leadership role
- Process Improvement focused
- Perth based with frequent travel to site
We are actively seeking the talents of a Technical Manager - Concentrators to join the Nickel West Team.
Reporting to the General Manager Concentrators & Integrated Operations, in this key position, you will be responsible for driving forward the comminution, flotation and processing capability of the three Nickel West concentrators with a specific focus on improved flotation performance.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and driving process improvement initiatives for concentrators across various sites
- Establishing and redesigning existing processes and flowsheets
- Managing a team of metallurgists and other professionals
- Positively influencing and shaping a pro-active and engaging team culture to ensure a safe, productive and disciplined approach to work
- Leading the development of employees through coaching and mentoring
- Role modelling change to ensure successful delivery and alignment with strategy
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in process improvement combined with high level influencing and stakeholder engagement skills. You are incredibly results focused with a demonstrated track record driving successful business outcomes.
In addition, we are ideally looking for the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional technical expertise complimented by a background in minerals processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tertiary qualification in Metallurgy or equivalent
- Previous experience with continuous improvement methodologies will be highly regarded
Nickel West Perth – Brookfield Place
Nickel West – Perth operates from City Square located in the heart of the Perth CBD. The building itself reflects the latest thinking in corporate workplace design and facilities with the centerpiece of the development being a 45 storey tower which is home to the other BHP group of companies in Western Australia.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
On offer is a range of employee benefits including development and career opportunities together with competitive remuneration package, including share options, generous superannuation contributions, 18 weeks of paid parental leave, performance based bonuses and a great working environment.