|Location:||Barangaroo, Brisbane City, Melbourne|
- Permanent position based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
- Flexible and part-time work opportunities, generous bonus structure
- Provide pragmatic legal solutions to broad range of stakeholders
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
This is a unique opportunity to join the fast-paced Legal team in a role reporting to the Corporate Head of Legal and working with multiple stakeholders across the full range of Origin’s energy business. As the Senior Corporate Lawyer, you will advise and provide pragmatic legal solutions on a wide variety of competition, consumer law and energy regulatory issues. Your stakeholders will include senior executives, people leaders and employees at all levels of the organisation, the Origin Board as well as a variety of relevant regulators including the ACCC.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing high quality legal services
- Proactively identify and actively managing complex legal issues and matters in a way that assists the business meet its objectives on time and on budget
- Ensuring that Origin has a strong compliance framework with respect to the Competition and Consumer Act, including the Australian Consumer Law
- Monitoring changes and developments in the legal and regulatory environments, ensuring that relevant business units are aware of the impact of any proposed legislation or policy, and ensuring that relevant business units are prepared and compliant before the commencement of any new legislation or policy
- Strategically managing regulatory inquiries and interaction with regulators
Is This You
To be successful in this role you will be passionate, efficient, commercial and consumer focused, with existing experience in Competition and Consumer Competition Law. You will have the ability to work independently but to also take a collaborative approach with exceptional stakeholder engagement, communication and influencing skills as well as the ability to perform in a high-pressure, ever-changing environment with competing priorities.
You will have:
- Extensive post admission experience in competition and consumer law (ideally 10+ years)
- The ability to use tailored strategies to influence attitudes, behaviour or decision making at all management levels
- Extensive experience managing relationships with regulatory authorities
Experience in or knowledge of the energy industry is not required but considered advantageous.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Corporate Affairs team plays a key role in telling the Origin story, protecting our reputation and building positive relationships with our stakeholders. To help us, we’re looking for people who are excited by the challenge of telling this energy story.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au