|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is having another successful year in 2020. Next year is looking to be even bigger with upcoming major projects already in the pipeline. To support this, we have a permanent opportunity for a Lead Technical Trainer located to work at our Head Office in South Guildford, WA.
About the role:
Our expanding training team is looking for a Lead Trainer who can guide a team of Pre-Trade Trainers who are passionate about developing apprentices. These apprentices are studying Mechanical and Electrical trades to support our Cat fleet.
The Lead Technical Trainer will provide leadership and supervision to the Pre-Trade Technical Training Team providing high levels of customer service both internal and external WesTrac clients. The Lead Technical Trainer will also manage the administrative functions of training, assessing and reporting whilst maintaining compliance in line with RTO requirements. In our state-of-the-art training institute, you will also have the opportunity to proactively engage with students and encourage them to work and live by the WesTrac values.
The roster is Mon – Fri, 8 hours each day on a full time permanent basis.
What we offer:
- Professional development and qualifications
- Supportive work environment and career progression.
- Work with a wide range of training resources including Cat heavy plant machinery
- Enjoy premium onsite Training and Café facilities
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more.
- Discounts on Health Insurance and other products.
- Refer a Friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral.
To be successful the following is required:
- Trade qualification - Mobile Plant Technology or Automotive Electrical Technology coupled with a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience
- TAE40116 Certificate IV Training and Assessment or TAE40110, coupled with TAEASS502 and TAELLN411
- Leadership/people management experience with the ability to inspire, influence and motivate teams
- Exceptional relationship building skills with the ability to maintain successful relationships
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal), including negotiation and facilitation skills to effectively liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Registered Training Organisation Management and National VET Framework
- Minimum of 3 years people management experience in a training environment
- Previous exposure working within a RTO/Training environment
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment and manage multiple priorities to meet objectives
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.