- Full-Time Permanent Role
- Key Team Leadership Role
- Darling Downs based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customer accounts we’re constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia’s leading integrated energy company.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Darling Downs Power Station team based on site. You will be a member of the Site Leadership Team and working closely with the Maintenance Manager, be responsible for ensuring that the plant and equipment is maintained safely and effectively, whilst ensuring personnel safety, safeguarding the technical, environment and commercial integrity of the assets at all times. On a day to day basis your duties will include:
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Occupational Health, Safety and Environment legislation, codes of practice, standards, policies, operating procedures and work instructions and be actively involved in Origin Energy Health, Safety and Environment Systems and Procedures.
- Providing strong leadership, flexibility and supporting change whilst continuing to improve performance.
- Developing your team with the required values, behaviours, skills and knowledge to perform their roles effectively.
- Providing technical advice to Production and Maintenance teams.
- Ensuring sound communication and positive working relationships with all stakeholders across the business.
- Providing flexible planning and scheduling of weekly and daily activities. Execute routine and non-routine maintenance activities in accordance with agreed procedures and operational requirements to ensure plant is operating safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Leading incident analysis into HSE and Plant incidents, identifying the root cause to ensure continuous improvement.
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities for process/ systems and work practices.
- Leading major/ minor plant and equipment outages and project works.
- Contribute to the development and management of the site and capital budgets.
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to have a track record of managing high functioning teams.
To be considered for the shortlist you must have:
- Electrical trade license.
- Experience with control systems.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Good experience with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems and Management of Work practices.
- Experience in working within a Permit to Work system.
- Proven ability to manage workload and be highly organised.
- Good commercial skills.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operationsbusiness plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Jack Betton - 03 9652 5219, quote Requisition ID: 77570
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.careers.originenergy.com.au