Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
About the role
Maintenance planners work under the direction of the maintenance planning manager and report through the platform manager for deliverables. The maintenance planner is responsible for the effective planning and detailing of maintenance support for the LHD and/or LLC assets. The role plans the maintenance tasks per maintenance period by collecting all tasks together from various defence systems and collating them into a main work list, this drives the allocation of labour, materials and other support activities to meet the client’s requirements.
The maintenance planner reviews outputs from maintenance conducted and embeds lessons learnt into next maintenance periods to ensure efficiencies are delivered. All inputs and outputs are recorded in Defence systems and backed up within NSM databases. Maintenance planners have a key role in developing a strong, efficient and effective maintenance management strategy contained within the Technical Regulatory Framework.
- Develop detailed maintenance requirements for the platform planning and provide feedback on URDEFs for the assigned platform under the direction of the URDEF manager
- Provide out of hours management support for URDEFs as designated by the maintenance support manager
- Assist platform managers with complex repair plans
- Recommend changes to maintenance policy
- Aid resolve technical queries
- Identify risks associated with delivery of sustainment, acting as risk owner where appropriate
- Identify opportunities for business/continuous improvement
- Support the development and maintenance of the Maintenance Management Plan
- Undertake training in the use of the Asset Management and Planning Systems (AMPS). The individual will need to utilise AMPS to obtain data and to create and request various types of reports at the AMPS maintenance planner Level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as an effective team member
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products, in particular Excel and Project
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining delivery to high technical and quality standards
- Experience in a similar role providing analysis of, and assistance in, the development of maintenance strategies
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Experience in working with project planning software such as Primavera, Microsoft Project or similar
- Technical knowledge of warship major platform systems
- Five years engineering experience in maintenance engineering and/or planning role