|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Contribute to the development and execution of the category strategies for Engineering, Equipment and Construction
- Be part of a highly collaborative and professional team
- Flexible working including a combination of remote working
Woolworths Group’s Procurement team is transforming with an Agile mindset, Sustainable and Diverse sourcing and Team and Customer 1st culture at the core. We are an enterprise wide function providing thought leadership, best practice procurement methods and delivering a service that adds value to our business partners across the Group.
We operate in a fast paced, nimble environment with entrepreneurial-minded professionals who work collaboratively to build relationships to achieve outcomes as leaders in the market. Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia’s largest retailer allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities.
The team is positioned to drive change and continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focussed on providing excellent experiences to Team (stakeholders) and Customers. The Procurement operating model, encompassing horizontal leadership, the Agile mindset and practises, ensures that we are a high performing team providing the best service to the Woolworths Group team.
About the role
The Category Manager will support the Portfolio Managers to execute the Woolworths Procurement Strategy. They will utilise the Category Management Framework to deliver to business requirements within their window of opportunity. They will deliver the annual sourcing plans and meet the team's KPIs to increase value across ‘not for resale’ Construction, Fit-out, Engineering and Equipment goods and services spend.
The Category Manager will also contribute to the development and execution of the category strategies and sourcing initiatives to deliver best total value outcomes, whilst providing high levels of stakeholder satisfaction and compliance with procurement policies, standards and processes.
This role adds value to the Woolworths Group by:
- Being a Strategic Enabler for growth
- Developing and delivering Category Strategies with key stakeholders
- Bringing innovation to and re-engineering of the supply chains to reduce overall costs to the business
- Delivering Opex cost reduction and cost avoidance/containment and Capex saving, enable revenue initiatives and continuous improvement targets
- Build supplier and stakeholder relationships
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager – Construction, as the Category Manager you will:
- Lead and drive the development of category plans in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Support and drive key GNFR initiatives working in depth with our Format and Network Development team
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all category influencers and become the business- wide category subject matter expert
- Anticipate, negotiate and execute commercial opportunities
- Understand priorities and manage procurement activities
- Develop 1 -3 year category plans aligned to overall Procurement strategy
- Identify procurement activity stakeholders and influence them as required to achieve desired outcomes, up to Senior Management / Divisional Head level
- Build and maintain momentum and consistency with regards to key stakeholder engagement
- Develop, implement and manage vendor performance metrics, documents and reporting as part of a Supplier Relationship Management plan
- Anticipate and execute contract-based opportunities
- Manage the central repository for contracts, including activity planning and the timely execution of contracts
- Obtain data from varied sources to identify and support fact-driven opportunities. Ensure analysis is accurate, comprehensive and robust.
- Conduct market analysis to drive category strategies
- Conduct risk analysis and take action as required
- Tertiary qualified in Procurement, Supply Chain or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 - 7 years experience in a similar procurement role
- Relevant professional accreditation or certification, such as MCIPS preferred
- Experience with procuring Construction, Equipment and Engineering services ideally within the Retail sector
- Negotiated major strategic and complex deals, that delivered significant commercial outcomes
- Sound appreciation of category management principles and processes, with an understanding of contract law
- Proven track record in delivering significant and sustainable EBITDA benefits year on year
- Strong results focus, with a continuous improvement skill set
- Strong negotiation and commercial skills with the ability to manage cross functional teams and large stakeholder groups
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our team are taking a well-deserved break between 24th December and 4th January 2021. If you wish to apply for this role, we'll be in touch with an update on your application in the new year. Wishing you and your family a wonderful festive season.