The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant within the Accounting, Compliance & Reporting team in our Melbourne office.
As a member of the team you will support our clients with their accounting and statutory reporting obligations. You will have the opportunity to work with national and multinational clients enabling you to strengthen your practical accounting experience, enhance your project management skills as well as build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- As a Financial Reporting specialist, you will support our clients with their outsourced accounting and statutory reporting obligations
- Support clients through their financial statement close process and preparation of financial statements
- Drive operational aspects of the team, including delivery of on-the-job training to junior team members and developing client relationships
- Work with national and multinational clients, to deliver quality services and support the management team to grow the business through key strategic initiatives including operational excellence, market expansion, talent development, client leadership and business transformation
- Previous extensive experience in preparing/reviewing statutory financial reports is essential
- Experience working in Audit, preferably as a Senior Consultant in a Big 4 chartered environment
- Completed or in the process of completing CA qualifications
- Personnel and people management, including supervision and team building of both our offshore & onshore team members
- Ability to work effectively either as an individual or member of a team and relate effectively with staff on all levels
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proactive and able to identify and resolve problems, with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thrive in a fast moving, high pressure environment
- Working knowledge of financial statement preparation software (such as Caseware, Thomson Reuters Onesource Accounts Production).
- Working knowledge of accounting software (such as SAP, MS Dynamic NAV, SAGE, NetSuite, Xero or MYOB).
- Any industry experience/specialisation will be looked at favourably