|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the opportunity
Based at either our Port Macquarie or Coffs Harbour office, no two days will be the same in this role where you will be responsible for contributing to the development of the Permanency Support Program (PSP) carer engagement and support, within current and transformational permanency and restoration reforms.
This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
- Responsible for meeting performance targets for; carer attraction/enquiries, engagement, assessment, (in house and contracted), training, child/young person placement, annual reviews, critical incident management and ongoing development of a high level of carer wellbeing and a local carer community.
- Oversea the management of carer recruitment activities such as promotion, enquiries, training, assessment and support activities for carers in their region and maintains clear systems to report and document progress within Uniting and externally to Government.
- Lead the regional carer support team in positive and proactive approaches providing ongoing and support to carers assisting children and young people in connecting and maintaining relationships with their birth family.
- Ensure Uniting’s carer support services and carers maintain compliance with all necessary legislation and guidelines, including maintenance of the carer register and ensure the register is up to date and accurate.
- Manage carer recruitment effectively, oversee the quality of brokered (outsourced) assessments to ensure compliance and manage internal resources to complete assessments and reassessments of carers.
- Bachelor qualification in social work, social sciences, a child-related field or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the issues and key NSW reforms (e.g. permanency and restoration) impacting on children, young people and their families involved in the care system.
- Understanding of the issues impacting the support and recruitment of foster carers.
- Ability to coordinate and manage the team’s deliverables and individual performance to meet outputs as directed.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, support and develop staff.
- Capacity to manage a team in two offices – Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour
- Experience in PSP/ Out of Home Care/child-related field
If you feel you have the passion and ability to make a real difference then please apply now!
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.