The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Solutions Lead within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Sydney office.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
As a Solution Lead, you will liaise with clients to
- Design, develop and implement data collection, transformation, and data integration solutions
- Create and present the solution through a solution design document and estimate for complexity, effort and costs
- Collaborate with solution design and business requirements teams to identify data requirements and influence project artefacts
- Advise on data management practices, approaches and frameworks
- Demonstrate technical expertise in modern AI, analytics, big data and associated technologies, cloud platforms, data quality, governance and architecture
- Provide technical guidance as an SME and hands on delivery team member across multiple clients and engagements
- Lead technology consulting engagements and solution workshops
- Contribute to thought leadership, and demonstrate technical expertise in modern AI, analytics, big data and associated technologies, cloud platforms, data quality, governance and architecture
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies
Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture and Implementation in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career
We’re looking for people with strong Data related Solutioning and Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-passed consulting environment.
As an experience Solution or Technology lead, you will bring hands-on, you bring hands-on Experience designing and delivering analytics solutions (preferably within a public services environment), along with
- Solid experience as a Solution or Technology lead on reporting or analytics projects in the Public Sector developing modern data platform solutions, data governance, architecture frameworks and processes
- Excellent documentation skills with the ability to produce client ready solution architecture, business understandable presentations and good communication skills to lead and run workshops
- Strong skills in Big Data technologies and Apache ecosystem technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, and have experience building end to end data pipelines using on-premise or cloud-based data platforms
- Technical leadership and the ability to work with a wider group of architects, application teams and business teams to define and socialise architectural concepts and approaches.
- Ability to estimate development complexity, effort and costs
- Strong problem solver, someone unhappy with the status quo
- Analytical mind set / someone that challenges assumptions
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects