The COVID-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Manager to work within the non-financial reporting and sustainability assurance area of our Sustainability Advisory and Reporting team in our Melbourne office.
We are a growing and in demand team, working with companies across Australia and the world. As a Manager in our team, you will support diverse industries, focussing on driving sustainability outcomes through building trust and transparency in providing assurance. You will lead teams to deliver specialist assurance and reporting services across a range of topics including climate change, environment, social, community and governance disclosures. Example reports include providing services over Sustainability Reports, Integrated Reports, Reconciliation Action Plans, Modern Slavery Statements, Climate Change Reports, among others.
The EY Climate Change and Sustainability Services team is the biggest sustainability consulting team in Oceania. Our multidisciplinary team comprises approximately 230 experienced professionals across Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, as well as Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, and advises a large proportion of the ASX 200 to help them drive performance beyond their bottom line.
- Lead sustainability assurance teams including coaching and training team members in what constitutes good sustainability disclosure, measurement practices, adherence to global frameworks, and risk-based testing, systems and controls for reporting and assurance procedures
- Develop new business opportunities with leading corporates in a diverse range of industries and closely collaborate across the firm to drive cross-service outcomes.
- Drive the ongoing implementation and innovation of EY’s non-financial assurance practice including the incorporation of firm wide technology solutions
- Lead engagements for the development of non-financial reporting including materiality assessments, measurement determination, target setting and report development
- Lead ongoing projects, including scoping and budgeting; client and people management; conducting primary research, including leading stakeholder interviews; utilizing relevant assurance technology and tools; driving innovative solutions to client needs; and presentation and facilitation of work products, reports, and assurance deliverables
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team across a range of industries, assisting organisations on how they manage and report on socio-economic value creation and sustainability information, manage risks and enhance transparency, responsible supply chains, non-financial reporting and more
- Tertiary qualification, such as in business, environmental sciences, engineering, economics, social sciences, law, accounting, organisational development
- Experience in non-financial assurance, including a deep understanding of assurance process, techniques, and methodologies
- Strong understanding of non-financial assurance standards and frameworks such as the ASAE 3000
- Deep understanding in sustainability subject matter including environmental, social and governance factors, management approaches and appropriate disclosure
- Strong client engagement skills, including delivering clear messages verbally and including strong written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills (including excellent time-management, problem-solving and organisational abilities); ability to multi-task
- Consulting experience from a professional services, advisory or internal consulting environment
- Understanding of environmental and social challenges in multinational companies especially with the integration of sustainability into core business
- Understanding of the following legislative instruments, reporting frameworks and global standards highly favourable: the GRI Standards, SASB, IIRC framework, the NGER Act, the Modern Slavery Act, the TCFD framework, the Climate Bond Standard, and the Sustainable Development Goals