|Job Type:||Full Time|
With more than 235 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian and New Zealand families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
Reporting in to the Head of Assets, DC Design & Automation, the role of Mechatronics Manager is to generate real value to Kmart Supply Chain by challenging our thinking and current processes to essentially improve productivity, data integrity and safety with a focus on reducing costs using technology and process improvements. We are now seeking an experienced automation/mechatronics specialist to join the Supply Chain team based at National Office in Mulgrave with regular travel to DC’s across Australia/New Zealand. Summary of the key responsibilities of this role outlined as follows;
- Lead the Automation Standards and Design
- Optimise the automation solutions via seeking new ways to improved business performance for the overall supply chain with a focus on how technology can be the key enabler
- Lead the Maintenance and Preventive Management
To meet the challenges of this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Tertiary Qualification in Mechatronics ideally combined with Tertiary Qualification in Supply Chain & Logistics or Engineering and a strong understanding of LEAN principles
- Supplier management and strong understanding of supply chain management
- Strong Automation systems and optimisation experience
- Experienced in Preventive Maintenance Management
- Proven experience in delivering successful outcomes and managing business project and change initiatives
- Experience in complex projects e.g. business transformation and or automation projects
- Experience in logistics, warehouse management or manufacturing
- Knowledge of supply chain business processes and systems and actively keep up to date with the latest supply chain and Automation trends
- Technical knowledge of automation solutions including maintenance, safety and quality plans
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.