|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
Responsible for providing Engineering support to the SATCOM Support Contract for VSAT terminals and ancillaries for the Australian Defence Force (ADF), this position will be the first point for reach back into the L3Harris organisation for Engineering and Technical support requests. Your work will encompass technical investigation, product change, modification or improvement, support, obsolescence management and disposal of L3Harris product to maintain compliance with regulatory frameworks, contractual obligations and customer requirements.
The SATCOM Systems Engineer would assist in triaging technical support requests, actioning engineering investigations and coordinating with Product Line Management and Product Service representatives to develop outcomes for the ADF. The scope may encompass one or more of the following engineering disciplines: electrical, software, mechanical and systems. The Engineer will assist in maintaining the configuration controls of the system to maintain compliance with regulatory frameworks, contractual obligations and customer requirements
The SATCOM Systems Engineer works closely with the Engineering Manger to ensure the technical aspects of the system are safe, fit for purpose, and functioning within design specification.
- Co-ordinate with the parties (including Suppliers) who are providing Engineering Services for the SATCOM projects; ensuring understanding of their responsibilities, the processes to be used, and the time-frames involved;
- Status and deliver timely outcomes on Request for Information (RFI) raised by the SATCOM project office;
- Lead Technical Investigations for engineering-related requests into tactical communication product range, investigating product issues and providing written recommendations and outcomes;
- Monitor and maintain the Products to Be Supported (PBS) items for lifecycle changes, product issues, supportability issues, change proposals and product roadmaps;
- Provide Technical advice to the SATCOM project office with respect to Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and Technical Information Review (TIR) from any source which may affect fit, form or function of the PBS items;
- Provision of input to Contract Status Report, including performance, planned activities, issues and opportunities as appropriate to SATCOM project; and
- Support to the organization, control and coordination of engineering and technical operations of the SATCOM project.
An experienced Engineer with a strong background in Government or Military engineering who has a good working knowledge of RF and satellite communications and products. Willing to travel domestically and internationally, engage with key stakeholders, and provide responsive and timely solutions to customer Engineering requirements. Must have both a commercial acumen combined with technical pragmatism to enable optimal solutions to be achieved.
- NV1 Australian Security Clearance
- Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent
- Engineering experience (7 years)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- ADF or similar Government Systems experience
- Masters in Engineering or Business