|Job Type:||Full Time|
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and Defence technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. We provide advanced Defence and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. We bring speed, innovation and flawless execution together with our commitment to make the world safer and more secure.
About the role:
As part of the Land 200 project, L3Harris are providing the Australian Army with next generation networking technology, allowing full IP connectivity across the battlespace. A key component of the project is the primary client facing application, allowing the users to plan and monitor the network, both remotely and in the field. The successful candidate will undertake activities and tasks related to the design and implementation of this web-based application, supporting the full software lifecycle from developing the requirements through to the formal testing.
- Lead the Software Engineering Team in delivering products for Defence under tight schedules.
- Transition Software Development Activities from Acquisition to Software Support phases.
- Manage, develop and grow software engineering capability.
- Support colleagues in their activities and the wider project team.
- Overall responsibility for the delivered software products.
- 10+ years management experience in software development of small teams.
- Strong experience in leading customer facing applications for Defence under ASDEFCON programs
- Ability to communicate with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Strong experience in traditional Software Development Lifecycles and Agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Ability to architect complex systems meeting Defence safety and security standards.
- Ability to lead technical reviews of software artefacts and provide meaningful feedback
- A sound understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Ability to hire and mentor software engineering staff.
- Ability to represent a highly capable software team and fill down when required to help achieve objectives.
- A learning attitude for continuous improvement.
- Experience in transitioning software development through acquisition to software support.
- Experience in Earned Value Management and acting as a Cost Account Manager.
- Experience in Software Defined Networking
- Experience in tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Continuous Integration and Test pipelines such as Teamcity or Jenkins.
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
- Current NV1 Security Clearance or the ability to attain
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to Australian citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.